[pct-l] Sleeping pad

Jim & Brenda Johnson jdjohnson at accesscomm.ca
Mon Aug 16 19:04:52 CDT 2010

I need to buy a new sleeping pad. I've used Thermarest Pro-Life and they have
been fine. I see that they have something called "NeoAir" that looks great and
weights very little and also folds very small to the size of a liter bottle.
It's costly at $150. Anyone have any comments about this particular pad?
Thanks, pct-hiker

----------

I broke down and purchased a NeoAir when they first came out. Since then I've been on three
multi-day hikes with it, including 7 nights on Glacier's North Circle loop.
Best sleep I've ever had while hiking.

I tend to sleep on my back at home, because I have trouble falling asleep on my sides.
On a sleeping pad (and I've tried several over the years) I've always had a sore back.
Turning on my side to try to fall back asleep results in a restless sleep, and I tend
to feel crappy, physically and mentally, the next day.

With the NeoAir, sleep comes easily while on my back. And, I can continue sleeping,
for hours, on my back. All because of the thickness of the pad.

The price? Yeah, it's not cheap. But I'm glad I got it.

Cheers,

jiffypop