[pct-l] NorthBend from Snoqualmie Pass

Eric Lee saintgimp at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 10:38:52 CDT 2010

Len wrote:

Has anyone hitched to North Bend from Snoqualmie Pass for a zero day?
Experiences?

It's illegal to hitchhike on interstate freeways (or their ramps) in
Washington, and that's the only type of road that runs between Snoqualmie
Pass and North Bend.  You'd have to pick up rides to your destination
somewhere off the freeway and find one that's going where you want to go.
That's probably not too hard at the pass because you can just hit up people
at the trailhead, most of whom will be headed west, but it could be tricky
in North Bend.  I suppose you stand at the gas stations holding a sign or
something.

I haven't really looked at North Bend through a zeroing hiker's eyes but it
ought to work pretty well.  It's big enough to have multiple full grocery
stores, restaurants, and motels, and it's not too spread out.  I don't know
if there's an outfitter there.

Eric