[pct-l] Sleeping pad

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Tue Aug 17 12:06:46 CDT 2010

I know I'm the minority on this topic but I'm not pleased with mine. You need to blow the entire thing up, no different that the old fashion air mattress. It is very narrow and as a side sleeper I found it uncomfortable. No matter how much I blew it up, it was insufficient of air. I am of average weight. I also got talked into a pad too long for me so I have over a foot extra pad that barely fits in my tent. Also, if you have the Therm-a-Rest "chair" the pad does not fit in the "chair" (I was told by Therm-a-Rest it would). On the positive is it's weight, of course, and it does pack down into a very small fit. Great for fitting in your pack.

are we there yet

...going to the mountains is going home.

John Muir