[pct-l] What do others do to get/stay in shape

Gregory L. Colvin colvin at adlercolvin.com
Wed Aug 18 08:54:09 CDT 2010

I haven't found the time to do as much training as the rest of you
runners and lifters.  At 64, I try to do 1/2 hour per day of fast
walking -- longer, uphill, and with a pack as often as I can, esp.
before returning to the PCT.  My sons and I have been doing 100-150
miles per year since 2004 NoBo, and we are fit enough to do 15-20
miles/day day-hiking on the trail and an average of 10 miles/day
backpacking.  That's been good enough for us....although I have to keep
pushing back my projected age when I'll finish.

Greg Colvin, about to do Kearsarge to VVR 100 mile section.