[pct-l] What do others do to get/stay in shape

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Wed Aug 18 09:04:38 CDT 2010

I never had knee problems till I got to Sonora Pass this year and had to bail out on my planned thru-hike.  Being 63 yrs old, my knees aren't ever going to grow young again, so I am doing low- or non-impact aerobics, biking and elliptical machines at the gym.  I do some weightlifting work on trunk and legs, so long as it doesn't hurt the knee.  I spent a lot of time on the stairclimber with a loaded pack last winter, but I haven't had the nerve to try it since I got back.

Mango