[pct-l] What do others do to get/stay in shape

John Licata licatas at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 14:38:13 CDT 2010

For a hiker/trail runner I try to get a long hike or run in the hills at
least every other week.  Using the rule of no more than 2 miles added to
total long hike/run,  I tend to avoid injuries from training to fast.  If I
push it, the stress usually occurs in the IT band on the side of my knee
which takes forever to heal.

I have been reading that trekking poles can increase the ability to do
mileage by as much as 25%.  It would be great to hear if people have
feedback on that, as well as recommendations on poles.

Johnalope