[pct-l] Fw: Weather considerations anytime/ a must read

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 10:58:17 CDT 2010

Hello to all PCT hikers,

This, from Ned, is a "must read" for all PCT hikers.  Going UL is'nt necessarily
smart.  Adding a few pounds can make your PCT hike (or ride) both more
comfortable and safer.  I even bring along a solar shower - for showers and also
to provide the convenience of running water with a faucet at campside. Mine,
which I have used for nearly 40 years, weighs just 12 ounces.  Piper (Diane)
mentioned one that only weighs a little over 4 ounces. I plan to check that one
out before my next ride. Both hold about 2 1/2 gallons of water.

MendoRider/Ed A.