[pct-l] Detours lifted in WA

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Wed Aug 25 08:38:01 CDT 2010

I haven't been able to see all PCT-L posts so this may be old news.....I am hiking the state of Washington PCT. The front desk at the Summit Inn at Snoqualmie Pass and some SoBos I met while approaching Snoqualmie Pass have said that both the fire detour and storm damage detour have been lifted on the PCT in Washington. Although there is some "do not cross" flagging across the trail at the storm damage detour, they said they talked to the Forest Service and hikers can proceed through the tape--it just hasn't been removed yet.

I haven't had a chance to confirm this with any authorities, but the front desk folks at the Summit Inn have posted a sign stating that all the PCT detours have been lifted.

--Fireweed