[pct-l] SOBO Oregon October

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 17:22:22 CDT 2010

OOOOoooohhhhh....

Well, honestly, I still say that's too late to try to hike to Mexico.  Even
a long, 500 mile section hike would be chancy.  For the same reason.  The
PCT will have you up high in the mountains where snow is unpredictable and
deadly that time of year.

I really hate to be the bearer of bad news.  But I wouldn't even do a 5 day
long hike after the 3rd week of October (Unless I was fully prepared for
winter weather).

 But not all is lost!  There are other trails in the area that would be safe
to hike that time of year (because they don't take you as high up, and
you'll always be close enough to some road to do a bailout if you need to ).

-Austin