[pct-l] Spot auto renewal

Keith Robertson krob1957 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 26 10:18:29 CDT 2010

I emailed SPOT customer service with several concerns before I purchase one and
got a prompt response from a marketing associate at SPOT.

Regarding the auto renewal issue, I had to laugh when he said that this was
their policy for the safety concerns of their subscribers. He continued saying
that they wouldn't want a subscriber to be endangered if they forgot to renew
their subscription so they automatically charge you!. I countered that this was
a terrible business practice and that the customer should be in control of how
to spend their money, not the company. Further, if safety is their real concern,
a simple email to a subscriber 30-60 days prior to the expiration date as a
reminder would more than suffice. He responded that SPOT was indeed
re-evaluating their policy regarding auto renewal.  We'll see!

Handyrock