[pct-l] Boots and Ankles

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Thu Aug 26 17:07:10 CDT 2010

Although I've never considered myself having weak ankles, I've twisted one or two over the years unto major swelling and bruising. I have usually hiked in leather boots with stiff uppers to prevent accidental twists. Strangely enough, I have an unwitting tendency to find those little rocks which, if located under my boot in just the right location, my ankle rolls quickly laterally and if it wasn't for the leather upper to hold me together, I'd be recovering on the trail somewhere, soaking in a cold creek!

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd
South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150