[pct-l] Poles and pole locks

Don Billings dbillings803 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 09:40:49 CDT 2010

I had a similar experience, Jeff.

I love my poles for all the usual reasons including greater stability, but I
took a hard fall once & my one planted pole caused me to swing toward
the side which wasn't supported. It was near dark as I laid there on the
ground wondering if I had broken a bone or two since I had fallen on rocks,
I was spooked also. It happened so fast, I don't know if I put my hand out
or not. I think I pivoted.

But, on the other hand, I've slipped & my straps did what they are
marketed to do.... they supported my arms and stopped my fall. I've
had more slips that were stopped by my poles than any negative
experience.