[pct-l] ID your gear

Richard Woods Sparksrick51 at charter.net
Sun Aug 29 21:40:42 CDT 2010

I saved a small text file on each of my SD cards for my camera. Has
all contact info., takes almost no space, since it is not an image
file it never gets deleted.
sparksrick

On Aug 29, 2010, at 6:12 PM, CHUCK CHELIN wrote:

Good evening, Tortoise,

I put return-address labels on my camera and on my little GPS but it
didn’t
occur to me to put them on the poles as well.  I’ll have to do that.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net>
wrote:

> Good idea about the mailing labels. One could add email and/or fone
> numbers. might expedite return. then I think just going over the
> label with
> some clear plastic tape to protect the label. very small added weight.
>
> Tortoise
>
> <> Because truth matters! <>
>
> On 08/29/10 13:45, Don Billings wrote:
>> I've done the same thing with some duct tape but I suspect it will
>> need
> to be
>> replaced at least once yearly or maybe
>> more. Tape always seems to get wildly uncooperative after it ages and
> especially
>> in direct sun. I used the clear
>> style duct tape since it looked a little less industrial.
>>
>> As for your poles, might I suggest placing standard style return
>> address
> labels
>> on each pole? If you lose them&  you're
>> lucky, an honest person might come along&  return them to you. I get
> address
>> labels through mass marketers all the time
>> so they just pile up but they're free. Or, use an label maker which
>> might
> use
>> better, more rugged paper.
>>
>> Don