[pct-l] Emergency Devices

Dan Kronstadt subs at kronhead.com
Wed Dec 1 00:21:18 CST 2010

Paul - last I read, Spot used the private Globalstar satellite network,
while PLB's use COSPAS-SARSAT satellites (http://bit.ly/hfKoXU). And my
understanding was the Globalstar was heavily used by truckers, etc. Is
that not accurate?

On the other hand, something I read pointed out that a PLB cannot be
fully tested. As I remember, you can do some testing that is limited in
function and # of tests - but the Spot gets tested every day you use it
for tracking, messages to family, etc.

Dan