[pct-l] My feet are killing me!

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Dec 2 21:36:54 CST 2010

Good evening, Wimpie,

For me wide shoes have been key to avoiding any re-occurrence of Morton’s
Neuroma, or it’s spread to my other foot.  Most of my life I wore size-10 B
shoes, but – by increments – I now wear 12 or 12.5 EEEE.  If I merely pull
on a shoe narrower than that I immediately feel the nerves pinch between my
toe bones.  In a related issue, I need a flexible sole as well.  A typical
hard sole beneath those bones causes similar pain.  Goodbye boots.

A cortisone shot was one of the interim repair attempts prior to having the
minor surgery to remove a section of the nerve.  It wasn’t bad.  Mercifully,
they used local atheistic prior to poking a big needle directly into the
nerve bundle.

Several accomplished female hikers have told me that to find shoes of
sufficient width they buy men's models which are wider for a number-size
than the women's models.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09