[pct-l] Thru-hike 2011, AT and boots/shoes

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 3 14:15:39 CST 2010

I am starting a thru-hike mid-April in 2011 as well,  yes I did complete the AT (thru-hike) in 2006.

As far as wide shoes, well you mentioned Osolo (Asolo) and they are what I wear, they do come in wide widths.  On the AT I went through 2 pairs of the fugitive GTX and tried to hike in some Montrails but through them away after less then 2 weeks.  The Asolo have in my opinion the best grip of boot out there, and if you know your size you can order them through Sierra Trading Post extremely cheap, ($185 retail, STP price of $145 and 20% off coupon always available).

Steven Mueller (Flying Tortoise)