[pct-l] [Cdt-l] Fwd: hiking alone?

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Fri Dec 3 14:30:42 CST 2010

There are risks to hiking alone even close to home. A couple weeks ago I
was hiking in the local sand dunes and got off in my directions. Obviously
I did find my way back. However it was cold and raining and I was thinking
I could stay lost out there over night and perhaps get hypothermia and die.
I did however have my cell phone and had reception so I wasn't without a
means to summon aid.

Still I'll go hiking alone.  Why?  Because if I wait until I have others to
go hiking with, I'll almost never go hiking. I hope to live to a far more
advanced age. But I want to live my life, not just avoid death. Maybe I'll
get a spot or something similar???

So I'll take my chances.  I do lots of other "risky" activities too like
driving 360 miles or so to visit friends in SF. Lots of risks doing that too.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>