[pct-l] smartphone as GPS

AsABat asabat at 4jeffrey.net
Fri Dec 3 18:08:23 CST 2010

Those comments are why I bought Backcountry Navigator for my Droid. I have used it out of cell range. You can download maps before heading out or let them load automatically if you have cell coverage. Battery life is a problem but unlike iPhone you can carry a spare battery. Did I mention the maps are free.
AsABat
PCT Water Reports SoCal http://pct.4jeffrey.net
Send water updates to water at 4jeffrey.net