[pct-l] My feet are killing me!

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Sat Dec 4 23:13:53 CST 2010

For years now I've been wearing only New Balance shoes even though they are
expensive.

New Balance has several different lasts (foot shaped forms) styles they use
to make their shoes resulting in significant differences in how one's feet
fit into the shoes.  I have feet that are wide thru the ball and toes and
relatively narrow heels. Maybe my feet are so shaped because I supinate
(under pronate).  I only buy models that use the SL-2 last which is shaped
similarly to my foot -- wide and high toe box with narrower heel.  Shoes
made on other lasts are usually too narrow in the toes for me. Ouch!

Browns Catalog Sales  (saleshttp://www.brownscatalog.com/) has a lot of
information about foot size and shape so reading thru their information is
a good primer. Browns are more expensive than some other sites though. But
this is where I buy my shoes.

Tortoise

<> Because truth matters! <>