[pct-l] Hammock Sleeping

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 6 10:58:47 CST 2010

Good morning, all,

Another consideration when deciding to hammock or not to hammock is social.
Those who believe they may prefer to hike/camp with a group -- large or
small -- may have difficulty finding a hang-up when the group plops down and
says, “This is it for the day.”

Nominally lone hikers, who do pretty much their own thing, should have an
easier time; being able to knock off early if a good hang-up presents
itself, or conversely to trudging on for a mile or so to find just the right
spot.

Many hikers think of themselves as rugged individualists, but they can’t
always know in advance the extent to which they may gravitate toward hiking
in some sort of “posse”.

“The leader shouted to the crowd, ‘I'm a rugged individualist!’ to which
everyone replied, ‘Yeah, me too ... me too ... me too ... me too ...’”    -
Norman D. Thompson

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09