[pct-l] 2010 slide show pics

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Tue Dec 7 11:48:37 CST 2010

>>Does anyone have the contact info for sending in 2010 PCT pics for the
ADZPCTKO slide show?--I can't find it. Thanks a bunch--Fireweed <<

Fireweed, here's the message from Sandals and Sheepdog copied in its
entirety.

"Greetings, 2010 PCT hikers,

Hiking season is over and it's time to work on the 2010 class video!
We met many of you on our southbound stint and warned you that we'd be
asking.  We're looking for your trail pictures, video and music suggestions.
We sent individual emails out, but I know we missed some folks-37
bounce-backs from a list of 340!  If you didn't get email, PLEASE let us
know at  pct2010video at gmail.com so we have your contact info!

MUSIC
Do you have music suggestions?  Email to pct2010video at gmail.com and let us
know!  Sooner is better than later, since we'll be working on the
preliminary soundtrack while waiting for photos to arrive.  We're open to
just about any genre -Rock, Folk, Jazz, Classical, Hip Hop, and in fact
would like to use a diverse range of styles.

PHOTOS
.	We'd love your 100 best shots (of scenery, that is.)
.	Please send us ALL of your photos that include hikers or trail
angels (Our goal: include every 2010 hiker in the video at least once.
Beware!  We're not above using the Heitman's mugshots if we don't have
anything better! :-) ).
.	Your best monument 78 celebration photo if you finished the trail
this year as either a section or thru-hiker.

Photos are ideally in .JPG format but we'll take what you've got!
Feel free to clean them up in photoshop or a similar editing tool, but
please don't reduce the resolution-we need the best quality image possible
for a good video.

If possible, tell us what we're looking at by adding a description.
Don't delete the photo number assigned by your camera (it will help us keep
things in sequence)-just add on the description.
For example:
P0030542 - Windy Pass.jpg
P0020234 - Hiker816 Idyllwild.jpg

As long as we're asking.it would also be great if you could sort into five
folders by location:
Southern California (Campo to Kennedy Meadows) Central California (Kennedy
Meadows to Sonora Pass) Northern California (Sonora Pass to the Oregon
border) Oregon Washington

VIDEO
Wildlife, hiker antics, anything that captures the trail experience would be
perfect!  We can manage almost any format, but like photos, would really
appreciate you specifying the location, as well as the names of the hikers,
if known.  Please place each video in the appropriate folder (i.e. Northern
California) based on where it was taken.

SEND TO:
Pete and Cari Tucker
5419 Morningside Ave
Dallas, TX  75206

Note: unless you only have one or two photos, please don't email; our
mailbox will explode!  Burning your photos and video clips to a DVD or CD is
ideal-if you don't have a burner, we can use thumbdrives or SD cards of any
size (be sure to include your return address if you want your drive back!)

Deadline for photo and video submissions is January 15th, 2011.

Spreading the word
Anyone you know we missed?  Please pass it on-more input = better video.

Thanks in advance for your photo submissions and music suggestions!!

Sandals and Sheepdog