[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes?

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Tue Dec 7 12:48:15 CST 2010

> Message: 14
> Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 02:37:23 +0000
> From: 5418610024 at vzw.blackberry.net
> Subject: Re: [pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes?
> To: "Lisa Freathy" <rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com>, "Pct-l"
> <pct-l at backcountry.net>

> IMHO the best dehydrated apples are sliced into 8 slices, peeled, and then
> soaked in 7-Up. Mine take about 24 hour to dehydrate and then after
> turning off the unit and letting them cool, bag them up and freeze. Also
> buy the apples you like. For me, Fujis.

I'm in kind of the same situation - experimenting with dehydrating foods and
then eating them to see how they might go on the trail.. but I have to ask:
soak them in 7-up - why? As an alternative to lemon juice? to add different
flavors? It seems like an interesting idea... what lead you to such
out-of-the-box thinking? ...  wondering what MtnDew dehydrated apples would
taste like  ;-)  :-)
TheDuck