[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes

greg mushial gmushial at gmdr.com
Tue Dec 7 15:54:33 CST 2010

> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:50:42 -0700
> From: "SUSAN G COOPER" <ace-coop at msn.com>
> Subject: [pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes
> To: <rainorshinecamper at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pct-l at backcountry.net
>
> Lisa
>
> I have dried all our meals for the PCT.  You need to learn what works and
> what doesn't, then just cook extra for dinner at home and dehydrate the
> extra.

<snip>
> I buy my soup - there is a bigger selection on the internet (Amazon) than
> in the groceries these days.  I made soup once and decided the effort was
> not worth it.  Besides, the instant soups require little wait time while
> the ones I made required more.

Question: when you dehydrate said soups - I'm assuming you're using
condensed soups out of cans - do you mix them first as if you were going to
cook them and then dehydrate them, or do you take the condensed soup
directly from the can and dehydrate that? Or are you talking about buying
dried soups already in a packet? I know Teresa previously had been talking
about dehydrating canned soups.

TheDuck