[pct-l] Food Dehydrator Tips or Recipes?

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:01:55 CST 2010

Excellently said.   i believe you know i was part of a 4 year project in B.C.
where we lived off the land.  hunting meat and growing our food.  a lot of that
was subsidized with foraging during the june and july berry flush  ...so i can
respect that.

i think you hit the nail on the head,  responsible foraging ...  not taking a
'clear cutting' approach...  and perhaps doing it off the trail a bit  (easier
on the AT than the PCT)

Have you see the bags for mushroom collection that lets the spores out as you
collect?  you actually help the species by harvesting them if you use the right
techniques.  obviously You know lots about this with your mushroom experiences.

...perhaps the bigger worry are the day hikers / people who don't care who just
break the branch off to get to a berry, or take EVERY leaf off a perslain plant
etc. etc.

when done moderately and ethically,  especially in places like the cascades,
there may be no environmental impact whatsoever.