[pct-l] Stove Fires

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 23:11:35 CST 2010

There were many such tables with rings, in any spot on trail civilized
enough to have a table, which was a real drag, because not many section
hikers carried alcohol stoves.  I use one and have for many years, but one
in our party used to flame up every night when it was lit.  Some of the
scenes were hilarious, except for the real inherent danger.  Singed body
hair used to be the beginning of dinner for this person as she would recoil
in horror at the great flare it created.  Not a good stove, and we told her
so.

Shroomer