[pct-l] Time for hunting/gathering?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Dec 11 10:09:42 CST 2010

Yes,
Peanut butter crackers are great energy trail snacks.
But, at 136 calories per oz., they don't come even close to the energy
you get from macadamia nuts.
Macadamia nuts deliver 200 calories per oz......you have to drink
straight oil to beat that.
I don't know any other trail food that will deliver that kind of energy.
Not only that, but macadamia nuts are high in ''monounsaturated'' fat
(the most benign fat) which does not affect your cholesterol.
I rely heavily on macadamia nuts on my JMT speed hikes to lighten my
pack and deliver the energy requirements on those speed hikes.

Some folks say that is my problem....it explains everything....I eat to
many nuts.

If you guys are really serious about reducing pack weight, incorporate
macadamia nuts in your menu....the more the better.

JMT Reinhold
The macadamia  ''NUT''