[pct-l] Ice Axes

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 11:44:07 CST 2010

Just a quick question about ice axes (and it's sort of funny thinking about the possibility that there is a storage shed filled with them somewhere) -- where do they end up? Do most people ship them home, leave them at a trail angel's place in N. California, or what?

I'm ready to part with mine -- Black Diamond, 60 CM. Carried once, never used (thank heavens!). $30; shipped free to US.
Susan Alcorn
Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/hiking-in-san-francisco/susan-alcorn
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.