[pct-l] stoves?

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Sun Dec 12 12:58:59 CST 2010

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Donna Saufley <dsaufley at sprynet.com> wrote:
> I've been very alarmed at the number of fires that hikers have caused,
> mainly from alcohol stoves by also with campfires, burning toilet paper, or
> in 2009 one putting his smoke (don't know which type) out in a tree stump at
> Apache Peak.

I agree that fire safety is very important. Having been raised, and
currently living in Southern California, I regularly see the effects
of wild fires.

My question, however was intended to count the number of fires
actually started by Alcohol Stoves. I get suspicious when I see
general opinion thrown around as fact. After a while it sort of
sticks, where sometimes the actual data shows otherwise. FoxNews is
does this a lot, for example Obama's widely reported $200Millon a day
trip to India, that wasn't. Some actually fact checking was able to
stop that
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/17/opinion/17friedman.html

So far I've been told of 3. Two near I-10, one near Little Jimmy.