[pct-l] stoves?

Paul Robison paulrobisonhome at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 16:55:58 CST 2010

my wife and i do this on the short stretches.
we go stoveless if we can get a resupply 3 or 4 days,  long weekend trips etc.

not sure why this wouldn't work on the pct...  i made some day bags today and
they beat 100 calories an ounce with packaging and everything.  the only
downside is finding a good variety of granola bars etc.  but on shorter
stretches, all the more reason to celebrate with a delicious steak dinner when
in town ; )

there is something to be said for hot chocolate, and hot dinners...  but in
short runs, or in the dessert, perhaps a sacrifice could be made.  it'd save me
10 ounces to do so.
~Paul