[pct-l] Worrying about your gear and clothing

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 13 10:29:42 CST 2010

Good morning, all,

I totally agree with Diane – well, almost totally.  I believe the
infatuation with gear evaporates well before Kennedy Meadows; for most it
may be gone by Warner Springs.  With wear-and-tear and grubby personal
habits most hikers soon end up looking like flood victims anyway, and I’ve
never heard anyone wearing a $200 Patagonia fleece poke fun at my $3
thrift-store equivalent.

The objective is to hike, not become wrapped-around one’s own axle worrying
about all the esoteric details.  It’ll all work out, just as she says.

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09