[pct-l] Hitch-hiking

Will Hathaway whathaway81 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 18:53:48 CST 2010

I hiked the AT a couple years back and hitch-hiking was part of the culture
and the norm for getting into towns more then a mile from the trail. It
seems most towns that hikers enter people are welcoming and know a
thru-hiker when they see one and don't mind giving them a lift. I am
wondering if the same is true out on the PCT because in looking at the info
so far there will be resupplies that would be much more enjoyable with a
good ol'hitch. Thoughts on the hitchin' situation? (ie places where hitchin
is easy and other places were don't even bother to use my energy to raise my
thumb, also suggested towns to hitch into would be helpful) Thanks