[pct-l] Fwd: food strategy, (Snoqualmie Pass)

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Dec 13 23:08:05 CST 2010

Are you talking about the same place? They had fruit and dairy
products and various packaged groceries. It wasn't an organic health
food store or even a regular grocery store, but it was far from an
armpit.

I had thought I could be holier than holy as far as food was
concerned, but after a while I learned that candy and cookies got me
just as far as any other food. It shocked me. I'm 45 and I was able
to do 30+ mile days even in northern Washington on a strict junk food
diet. I don't recommend it, but it didn't kill me or even appear to
slow me down.