[pct-l] Veteran Gear Lists

Mark Nienstaedt mark.nienstaedt at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 10:48:29 CST 2010

Hi Everyone,

      I'm new to the PCT-L but am beginning to experience how useful it can
be.  Can anyone suggest a source for example Gear Lists created by veteran
PCT thru hikers.  Personally I would like to be in the 16-20 pound base
weight range.  I would also like suggestions regarding what sections of the
PCT require more/special gear and which less gear, and which items need to
be switched in or out at various points. This question is probably asked
frequently.  If there are resources I should consult before asking obvious
questions, please recommend them. I've already been referred to
www.planningyourhike.com but don't see that it has quite what I am looking
for.
      Thanks,

Mark Nienstaedt ("Buffalo Jump Sly!")