[pct-l] Veteran Gear Lists

Matthew Edwards Hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Tue Dec 14 10:59:13 CST 2010

Howdy!
One good source for gear lists is Postholer.com
Many hikers there have a gear list and often they post what worked
and what did'nt (for them) near the end of their journal.
Most of my friends from the PCT had already hiked the AT.
They used the same gear on both trails and just made small changes.
Also there are many opportunities along the way to swap stuff out.
I think I focused too much on buying gear before my PCT hike. Then I ended
up leaving half of it at home.
I like Yogi's guide for basic gear advice specicif to the PCT. PCThandbook.com
It takes a comparative approach and describes what you will find on the PCT pretty close.
Cheers-Iceaxe