[pct-l] Veteran Gear Lists

Robert W. Freed robert at engravingpros.com
Tue Dec 14 11:28:52 CST 2010

I'm a lite weight hiker. Most of the time I cowboy camp and carry just a large poncho thatdoubles as a lean-to in case of some bad weather. But in the Sierras I switch to a largecustom tarp or my Rain Bow tent. A silk sleeping bag liner for those sub freezing nights isa great add on for only 4 ounces. In Washington I again switch to the large tarp. The large6x9 foot print and great ventilation are great for cooking and house keeping when it decidesto rain for days on end. The only other item I switch out is my umbrella. It is the only raingear I have found that I can hike in without getting soaked from my out perspiration. As forclothes I always carry the same. Down sweater, wind shell, gloves and thermal bottoms.I find that when hiking, I am plenty warm and only use the down and thermals when in camp.
Robert