[pct-l] DC Area Hikers/Parental Concerns

Christopher Barrow cbarrow1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:13:49 CST 2010

To all:

Just wondering if there is anyone out there who is planning to hike the PCT
this coming Spring of 2011 and is heading out from the DC Metro area.  I
have already made most of the purchases needed for the trail and am
beginning to work on the week by week food and mileage planning.  Home for
me is in Southern MD, but I am usually up to the DC beltway and just south
of Baltimore most weekends.  Family members have concerns that I'll be
heading out on this alone and wanted me to at least reach out and see if
there is anyone in the local area who had similar aspirations.

Also, does anyone know of any good sites to allay the fears of close friends
and family members who think that hiking the PCT is basically and invitation
for death or severe injury?

Thanks!

Chris