[pct-l] Why hike for so long?

Bryan Cox bcox120 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 17 23:42:24 CST 2010

I will be on the trail April 26th. My question is well, everyone ask me why
would anyone want to hike for that long. I run in to trouble trying to answer
them. I just tell them why not. Does anyone out there have a hard time answering
the same thing? If so what do you say?

I know in my heart why, to me its more then something written or said. Its what
we do, our  passion. I know anyone can put their feet in front of them one step
at a time and get from point A to point B. But my people just don't get! What do
you all say to the undesirables?