[pct-l] Questions About Your 2011 Snow Skills Course

ned at mountaineducation.org ned at mountaineducation.org
Mon Dec 20 13:38:10 CST 2010

Hi, Chuck!

If I am understanding Q-1 correctly, it takes about an hour and a half to go from Reno to South Lake Tahoe, then add a half-hour for the trip to the trailhead and a little buffer and you've got two hours, meaning that you need to leave the airport in Reno by 0800.

Q-2: I believe the "Basic" Snow Skills Training Course Description at http://postholer.com/MountainEducation shows the weekend's instruction ending at about 1600, so with the two-hour trip back to Reno, arriving there about 1830, I wouldn't think that you would be able to fly out until 2000hrs (8:00pm).

Q-3: Our "Basic" Course is full for 1/7/11, so that one is out. The rest are filling, but open for two on any date!

"Just remember, Be Careful out there!"

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
1106A Ski Run Blvd