[pct-l] Water treatment (revisited)

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Thu Dec 23 00:01:47 CST 2010

I've used them both and much prefer the liquid AM. Both require the same
contact time for the same water temperature.

Tablets yield a higher (2X?) concentration of biocide.

Tablets are easier to use (no mixing, waiting for the yellow color, then
adding to untreated water)

Tablets make you carry and deal with trash - the individual foil packs -
after every use. Liquids generate no trash until the bottles are empty.

Tablets are about 4 times more expensive per treated liter. You pay dearly
for convenience

Tablets can be easier to obtain in trail towns (but iodine is even easier).
I always add fresh AM to the appropriately timed re-supply box; I won't
gamble on finding it in a store.