[pct-l] Water treatment (revisited)

albert at survivalcrafters.com albert at survivalcrafters.com
Thu Dec 23 13:44:56 CST 2010

Thanks to all for the detailed breakdown of choices and I went ahead and got
the 2-part AM to start off with.

Using bleach has been mentioned and after doing some research this morning
it seems to be a fine choice for the job. For my first big adventure though
I'm willing to spend the $15 for the peace of mind and will maybe switch
later if I need more. The part about adding the bleach and waiting and
smelling it, and if you don't smell the bleach add more kind of throws me
off, I was a painter for years and my smeller might not be all that
accurate.

If I understand correctly purification is only highly recommended for the
So. Cal area and not needed so much when flowing water sources become
available in the northern areas where the snow melts are.

Cheers,
Albert