[pct-l] Exitting

Ernie Castillo erniec01 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 11:16:15 CST 2010

Lisa/Kevin:
In 1979, while planning my thru-hike, I made the mistake of telling 2 workmates prior to telling our boss. Needless to say, one of them "accidently" spilled the beans during a team meeting. At the time I felt this was a way for the loose-lipped workmate to get some of the plum assignments that were coming my way. However, the excitement of planning and preparing for the trip made me ignore the issue. It did force my hand, however. I had toyed with the idea of taking an unpaid sabbatical, instead of leaving the job, but my boss took it as a betrayal. I would up being the permanent night shift, instead of that role being shared by members of the team. Not surprisingly, I decided not to return to that job.

If you want to start an on-line journal, do so under your trail name. Unless your work associates are in the habit of running Google searches against your "official" name, chances are your secret should be safe for 5 weeks.

Ernie Castillo
PCT Class of 1980