[pct-l] Compass Mirror Preferences

bighummel at aol.com bighummel at aol.com
Fri Dec 24 13:35:05 CST 2010

A mirror on a compass allows for very accurate directions. I agree that it's probably more than you require on a thru-hike. However paying that much for one is silly when for emergency uses, you can use just an old CD that costs almost nothing, weighs very little and even has a hole in the middle for sighting the S&R plane looking for you overhead! A friend of mine even uses them strung on a string over his pool to scare ducks away. It worked for a while!

Holly happidays,

Greg Hummel

(in SoCal where we've received 150 + percent of our average annual precipitation in just 7 days. Yesterday morning the clouds broke for a short while, revealing the glorious San Gabriels in there cloak of white snow, like a lady opening her robe to reveal herself!)

"The trees are calling me near, I've got to find out why.
Those gentle voices I hear explain it all in a sigh"
                                                                      Moody Blues