[pct-l] Pot question

Brick Robbins brick at brickrobbins.com
Tue Dec 28 15:02:52 CST 2010

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Gerry Zamora <gerry0625 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you for the info as I didn't think about my stove as a fire. Lol I see
> the logic now.  So what stove is recommended since I need one lol

IMHO, while the fire permit is legally required, it is a pretty
useless piece of paper.

It basically tells you need to comply with ALL the local regulations
for ALL the districts up and down the trail, but it doesn't tell you
what those regulations are. If you are lucky it might tell you what
the regulations are for the district where you picked it up.

The only time I would ever think someone might ask for it is if you
started a wildfire, and by then you are already really screwed. I bet
the people who caused the wildfires in years past probably had their
fire permits.

That being said, I would never advocate breaking the law by not
picking up a free piece of government paper.

All IMHO, and don't be a scoff law.