[pct-l] Alcohol will not kill your children ...

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 01:32:06 CST 2010

I agree Voodoo,

I've used different cat food can stoves for about 15 years now, and never
had a flare up or even a close call, even when using 2 or 3 at a time for
group cooking.  I use a wind screen and anchor it by surrounding it with
large rocks, like a very tight fire ring, when the wind is up, or have used
the vestibule too.

One of our party used a soda can stove this year that did flare up.   It
should have been replaced, but she was used to the daily experience, and
kept on using it.  My suggestion is to really try out your equipment, and if
your alcohol stove feels at all out of control, get rid of it, and try a
different model.  The simple two can cat food can stoves are relatively
open, and it would be impossible to build up any pressure in them.  You
could tip one over however, so be careful, and set up your cooking area with
safety in mind before you light up.

Shroomer