[pct-l] Trail Names

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Dec 29 12:09:20 CST 2010

> (I'd love to hear how everyone got their trail names

I had read that if you aren't within the typical 20-30 year old
window you were at risk of getting a stupid trail name that had some
kind of version of "old" or "granny" or worse in it. So I chose a
name for myself: Piper. I played the Irish tin whistle. I tried not
to play in front of people too much since I don't think I'm very good
at it, but I did get caught playing it a few times and people were
kind enough to say it sounded like mystical fairy music in the forest.