[pct-l] To shocks or not to shocks.....

Steven dvsteven dvsteven at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 14:54:28 CST 2010

I have to agree with Shroomer,

The only down side is the noise (well maybe the weight as others have said).  In my pre-thru hikes the noise is annoying to say the least (in the city, on hills and sidewalks).  I use BD Spires with shocks and they are noisy (but really nice poles).

For the last few years I've always hiked with poles, they add push up and stability down, and the motion is great for me.  I used really cheap poles on the AT in '06 and inded up putting screws in them to complete the trail, so I'd advise getting locking poles not twist locks.

Just my opinion,

HYOH

Flying Tortoise