[pct-l] Southern Sierra Snow--lots of it!

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 16:46:07 CST 2010

I for one really appreciated what you wrote last year, and the info later at
kickoff that verified the deep snows still left in all the southern mtns,
and the Sierra.  Snow was almost a daily presence all the way to Canada,
although it wasn't a problem after Sierra City or so.

I did finalize my snow gear at the last minute as the treks I started with
in the San Jacintos were torn to pieces after several days on Apache Peak
and Fuller Ridge.  I went with the katoola aluminum 10 point cramps which
worked really well on my trail runners all through the Sierra, and a very
light ULA ice axe.

Thanks for hanging in.

Shroomer