[pct-l] Stove choice :-S

Aaron Wallace aaron at skeeky.com
Wed Dec 29 22:26:25 CST 2010

Just be careful using an MSR Reactor in an enclosed or poorly-ventilated area--the backpackinglight.com reviewers found that this stove puts out an extremely high level of carbon monoxide.  (The JetBoil doesn't do much better in this respect...). While ideally you can operate your stove outdoors in accordance with all the warning stickers, sometimes the weather isn't cooperating and it's necessary to cook inside your shelter--the Reactor does not seem to be a stove that can be safely used in this scenario.