[pct-l] Fuel

Mary Kwart mkwart at gci.net
Thu Dec 30 01:00:03 CST 2010

Josh:

I used a canister stove on my 1000 mile PCT section hike last year. I thought I would have a problem finding the canisters, but didn't. There were always some half full ones in the hiker boxes. I did have a friend ship some canisters to me in Washington at White Pass. It turned out that stores can't ship them to individual's without having their employees go through special hazardous material training. So my friend just sent them to me--he had to declare that they were hazardous material at the post office and it had to have a certain label on it--this list serve has discussed what exactly needs to be done. It sounds more complicated than it really was.

--Fireweed