[pct-l] Shoes! Shoes! Shoes?

John Abela pacificcresttrail2011 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 02:36:36 CST 2010

Hey Sam,

A number of folks here are going to probably recommend INOV8 shoes. The
X-talon 212 are freakishly lightweight and can get the average 500 or so
miles.

A few folks have also gone with the Brooks Cascadia 5 which are just a bit
lighter than the INOV8 212's and might get a bit more (but not much) mileage
out of.

I have heard from a fair amount of people that have the micro spikes. They
will be fine if you can get in with a group of people over the passes and
thus do not have to trail break. However, if you are by yourself or the guy
out front, you'll which you had their KTS Crampons (or others) instead.

John

(note: i have both of the above shoes and love them both. I also have the
kahtoola spikes and crampons - all of which is acceptable gear for the pct)